Senior Citizens Advisory Commission
OverviewThe primary function of the Senior Citizens Advisory Commission is to serve as an advocate for Healdsburg’s older adult residents by:
- Identifying the needs of Healdsburg senior residents
- Advising the City Council, City boards, commissions, and departments, as well as private agencies on matters related to those needs
- Creating / increasing awareness of those needs among the broader population
- Disseminating information to seniors on services available to them
Commission Vacancies (July 2017)The Commission currently has two vacancies and the City Council is seeking individuals interested in serving on the Commission. Candidates must be 55 or older and reside within the city limits of Healdsburg. For more information and to apply please visit the recruitment announcement.
Each year the Commission adopts a set of goals it would like to accomplish for the upcoming year. It also establishes subcommittees to work on focus areas. The Commission's 2017 goals and subcommittee assignments can be found here.
MeetingsThe Senior Citizens Advisory Commission typically meets the 4th Thursday of every month at 10:00 a.m. Meetings are typically held at the Healdsburg Senior Center, 133 Matheson Street, Healdsburg, CA 95448. Regular meeting agendas, time/date changes, and special meetings will be posted here.
Find contact information for each commissioner here.
- Mary Fitzgerald (Term Expires 12/31/19)
- Denise Hunt, Chair (Term Expires 12/31/17)
- Laura Moore (Term Expires 12/31/17)
- Larry Smith (Term Expires 12/31/19)
- Diane Sullens (Term Expires 12/31/18)
- Staff Liaison: Mark Themig, Community Services Director